The awakening of the literature

The awakening of the literature

domingo, 1 de diciembre de 2013

TRADING CARDS




Few weeks ago, Raquel sent me to do my Trading Card.

In the first moment, my classmates and me did an activity related to the diferent characters appear in the movies.

Then we though about these characters because we put one character; for example (captain hook like a villanious).
Finally, she gaves to us a website in which we should do our trading cards.

This is the website:
http://www.readwritethink.org/files/resources/interactives/trading_cards_2/


When I started to do my character I though in something related to my village and it call " the witches town" in Spain. It is famous for this and other things too.
However I searched in internet about this and I found a Juana's story.
Therefore, I created a good witch her name Lia and I wanted to relate my story with a true story.

This is my Trading Card:










































































In my opinion, I think that this type of things are a good resource for the pupils because they have to develop their minds and it is very creative.

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ABOUT THIS LITERATURE ACTIVITY?







Natt♥



2 comentarios:

  1. Hi Natalia!
    First of all let me tell you that your post is very interesting.
    I totally agree with you, it is an excellent resource to use in our future classroom. By using them, as you have mentioned, it is true that learners are able to develop their creativity and also, they are able to put into practice everything they learn from reading or even from listening stories.
    Moreover, I think that creating your treading card about a real story was a wonderful choice. This way students can learn not only fairy tales, but also History through stories. In my opinion this is great because they do not realize that they are learning History which usually, it tends to be a boring subject.
    You have just given me a fantastic idea that I want to share with you and with whoever reads this comment. What do you think if in a future we use Trading Cards for teaching History? Look, pupils could read about a text worked in class, and then make a Trading Card for a specific character. For example, imagine making a Trading Card about Napoleon, or about Cleopatra. I don’t know, it is just an idea but I think that it could be improved and it would be awesome. Don’t you think so?
    Take care,
    Sonsoles

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Natalia,
    I also like the activity of Trading cards, but I feel that it ends very quickly, I mean: I think that once we have finish the creation of our trading card we are going to do anything with it, but no =,(.
    Sonsoles idea is pretty good; to teach history through trading cards could be interesting because the cards have all the interesting data about the character, including what happens to it.
    Keep working hard.
    Sergio.

    ResponderEliminar